I woke up this morning smelling something cooking - an unusual aroma so early in the morning. Ann had been up early to start preparations for lunch for the missionaries. She was being quite secretive and didn't want any help. I busied myself with sweeping floors, picking up, and scrubbing down the bathroom. I'm not sure what the guys were doing, but they stayed out of the way.
The bus was 30 minutes late today - gets later every week. It was interesting watching people needing to purchase bus tickets carefully stepping over or around a dog sleeping in the doorway. No one wanted to disturb him. There is a strange/interesting relationship between dogs and people here. Everyone has a dog, and the strays are tolerated - we see water and food left out for them.
| Three of our students today (Favio, Adenilson, Nairon) with Elders Alva and Gallardo |
The missionaries showed the last segment of 'Meet the Mormons.' While it was playing, Merl and I walked to the grocery store to pickup some refreshments (Oreo cookies, Dauper chocolate chip cookies, and bananas). Every crumb was eaten.
Valtizar and his wife drove over to SF de Paula to bring us home. There was a dense fog much of the way that made driving difficult. Merl had requested that Valtizar drive more slowly this trip, and he complied. We made it home safely by 10:00 p.m. and found some little pastries left from the Primary party earlier in the evening.
David is catching a good cold. . . not good.
No comments:
Post a Comment