| Pair of white doves in tree by church |
We woke to a beautiful, sunny day, what we would call an Indian summer day at home. It felt so good to just stand outside and let the sunshine soak in - very healing.
Ann started laundry early - a perfect day for it. We attended a District Missionary meeting in Canela at 9:00 a.m. A decision had been made to have each of the four Districts meet separately in their own cities. (I assume to reduce travel time and costs.) As the Zone Leaders are here in Canela, their meeting was changed to Thursday so they can split and go to two other District meetings. We have four Districts that make up the zone.
| Flower at Parque Tomasini |
| My plate - I tried a spoonful of each hot dish, some interesting |
Included in the lunch price was a tour of the mine that replicated a mine that harvested amethyst geodes found in this area of Brazil. The size, beauty, and variety of crystals was amazing. There was also an underground museum/collection of gems, minerals, crystals, etc. from around the world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zyegy_p9Pw (a good representative video)
I wanted to purchase a crystal to take home and have put into a ring. We looked at several possibilities and
After arriving home, I took a short nap while Merl worked on month-end finances. Ann went to the church for piano lessons, and I don't know what David did (I was sleeping). David later went to the church to set up the electronic equipment for Integration night. They will be watching the whole "Meet the Mormons" video. Merl and I arrived at the appointed time, and David started the meeting. A little bit later, the missionaries arrived and wanted to hook up the Infocus machine to show the video on the big screen, to much avail. After 20 minutes, David took over and put everything back the way he had it, and we watched the movie on the flat screen TV. Worked fine.
Dinner was served after the movie: a glass of Guarana and cachorra quente (dog hot), the go-to fast food dinner here. It is chopped up hot dog in a seasoned tomato sauce with corn and peas added, served on a crispy bun. Similar to a sloppy joe, but not as juicy. They love them here.
We had a beautiful walk home under the stars. Upon arriving, David found an email from Pres. Anderson announcing a special District meeting concerning reorganization of the District presidency on April 12 at 3:00 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment