When I went to bed last night (after 2:00 a.m. because we were searching for possible flights home), I wasn't sure if Ann and I were going to make the trip home - cost and schedules here were a concern. When I woke up, Ann had pulled out her suitcases and had started packing. I guess my question was answered then. Merl also started packing with the idea that he could take back much of what we didn't need for the last few weeks. It was a surreal Easter. . .
Again, we watched General Conference - Merl stayed home as he has come down with a nasty cold, and he didn't want to share it.
Right after the first session, we started to get the food ready; then found out that there were going to be five baptisms before we had lunch. The other thing I found out was that instead of 20 people to feed, it was more like 80. A little panic set in. Sister Copa cut the sandwiches in quarters, and we used small plates. With extra people from the other Branches slipping in, we fed well over 100 people before the second session started. Sister Copa and I cleaned the kitchen while David and Ann mopped the floors.
| Easter tree across from the church |
The conference messages were again wonderful. I am grateful we have a living prophet, apostles, and other leaders who receive revelation and guide us in these latter days.
The evening was spent packing and working on flight arrangements. For some reason, it was 2:00 a.m. again when David and I went to bed. Getting the right flight connections has been a big challenge - and very expensive.
No comments:
Post a Comment