April 14 Tuesday
It was a beautiful drive through the countryside, stopping in Joinville and Valderio Comboriu to pick up more passengers. We arrived at the Florianopolis Central bus station at 3:30 pm.
It was reported to me that when Merl went to the restroom he didn't pay the attendant for toilet paper when he left. We joked that he peed for free (disgusting, I know).
We quickly found us a taxi to take us to the other side of the island to our hotel - the beautiful Costa Norte . We stayed here two years ago - and I left my favorite swimming suit hanging in the shower to dry. I asked the hotel staff how long they keep the lost and found items, and they suppressed a laugh when I told them it had been two years. We carried our luggage to our rooms (Merl and I in 204 and David and Ann in 304).
It was overcast and windy, but that didn't stop us from walking along the beach (some of us wading) for 1.7 km. It was a beautiful, clean beach that stretched for miles.
We gathered small seashells to use in making something - not sure what yet. At some point, we got off the beach and onto the road with lots of shops. I found a lamp made from shells and seed pods. We paid for it and said we would be back in the morning to pick it up. (Merl ended up going back and picking it up since we didn't find anything else to purchase.) We all got waffle cones at the local Bob's - thought we were getting tangerine flavored ice cream, but it was vanilla ice cream with tangerine sauce - really messy and sticky, but tasted good. We called this dinner and headed back to the hotel.
Hope the weather is more favorable tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment