February 15 Sunday
For the second hour (Sunday School), everyone picked up a chair from the lodge and set up a large classroom in the center of the old barn - still smelled a bit of animals. Pres. Nunes led the discussion with the assistance of youth called up to pick a piece of paper from a large replica of spectacles. Each paper had a scenario asking them what they would do in a situation - again going back to the them - Embark in the service of your God. It appeared to be a good lesson that kept the attention of everyone.
| Shower towels drying |
Sacrament meeting was held back in the lodge - so everyone carried their chairs back to the lodge. Testimonies were shared as part of the meeting. These kids are great! After the meeting, lunch was served (the big meal of the day). Everyone then went back to their tents to change clothes into appropriate clothing for the rest of the day's activities.
Merl went to the camp office to continue his work on his Family Home Evening presentation on Monday night. The youth had a no electronics rule for the camp, but I was allowed to have my computer brought from home so Merl could prepare his material and I could download photo files and charge batteries.
As everyone was gathering, I found a few leaders preparing little yellow envelopes with each person's name on it. The envelopes were then taped to a window. I wasn't sure what they were going to be used for.
As we went behind the trees, we saw the other groups; and in front was Pres. Nunes and Counselor Rafael - in nautical attire. From what I could gather from the presentation, Pres. Nunes - as their captain - gave the youth instruction on a Plan of Action (pamphlets handed to each person) on things they could do to embark in the service. They were invited to enter the forest/jungle for some alone time and to pray about the direction they wanted to take. There was a group prayer at the end, and everyone crossed back across the lake. There they found the envelopes taped to the window. One of the actions in the pamphlet was to write secret notes of appreciation/incentives for each other and put in their envelope. From then on, notes were being written and read with lots of smiles. . and I am sure, thankfulness. The schedule of activities seems to satisfy many needs going from physical highs to spiritual highs. It has been a great experience to be here.
I didn't hear a sound after I climbed into bed. We really needed a good night's sleep.
News from Ann on the home front:
Sunday, Feb. 15--Went to church. Only about 60 people there because a lot of them were at the campout. No baptisms or confirmations today. This is the first since we have been here since Nov. 2014. Walked home, ate, took a nap and left for Gramado at 3:15 to teach a piano lesson. Melissa Roth from Taquara wanted to take lessons. I gave her an hour lesson. She will do really good. Caught the bus home. David has lost his camera battery so we walked back to the church to see if we could find it. No luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment