February 5 Thursday
The internet has been off and/or slow this week, so I have solicited a little help from 'my friends.'
While Ann was sleeping, I did laundry and Merl caught up on the finances. I walked to town hoping to find some items to make salsa for the taco salad for dinner (cilantro, jalapeno peppers). The local Fruiteria Mercado sometimes has cilantro, but no luck today. I picked up two small, round peppers to try and a package of salsa type herbs and headed for home. The resulting salsa was really quite good - we are getting better at finding substitutes for what we usually use at home.
We enjoyed a quick dinner with Pres. and Sis. Wright before everyone went to the church. Sister Wright brought me a Primary children's songbook that apparently had been left behind by someone at the mission home. Works for me! Now I have my own book to play for Primary in Cisco.
There has been a couple attending the Branch recently who have three children. They (Edson and Carina Cabral) want to be baptized now - they just need to be married first. One daughter, Cintia, and Carina's sister Denise have previously been baptized. Camila asked me to help Carina choose two hymns to play at the wedding - one to enter the chapel and one to exit after the ceremony. She chose 'As I Have Loved You' to enter, and 'Love at Home' to exit. I was also asked to play the prelude and, through a series of comments, to provide flowers for the immediate family - in TWO DAYS. I was glad to help but spent most of a restless night's sleep trying to figure out what to do, where to purchase, and how to make something that she would like. Fortunately we will be going to Gramado in the morning for the District Missionary meeting.
David and Merl both bought four tickets for chicken/polenta plates for a fund raiser for the youth camp. Each plate has enough chicken and polenta to serve four. We are to pick them up at the church on the Friday evening before the camp which starts on Saturday, Feb. 14. We will probably donate some of the plates to other families who need the food more than us. Way too much to eat overnight - and I heard polenta doesn't freeze well.

No comments:
Post a Comment