After all the group flags were hung, everyone could choose what sport/activity they wanted to play. Options were soccer (futebol), volleyball (vôlei), and a game Merl and I called 'capture the flipflop.'
A light rain started to come down (heavy mist), and everyone ran back to camp to protect their belongings. We borrowed several small tarps from the camp staff to cover tents and belongings. Then back to the lodge for showers
| Fog settling in around mossy trees |
| Primping for the dance |
| A group of our favorite young men from SFDP |
News from Ann on the home front:
Saturday, Feb. 14--David and I went to church for an 8:00 baptism, but the people hadn't arrived yet. We started cleaning the church for tomorrows meeting. David started upstairs and I took the main floor. We have to move the chairs and stack them before we can sweep and mop the floors. Then after the floors are dry we set the chairs back so they are ready for church. A big job. Kathlyn and Merl came later and helped us while they were waiting for their ride to the campout. The youth all went camping for four days. At 10:00 the family finally came for the baptism. Arthur, who is 8 years old, was baptized. His mother was very proud of them. I wish we could take pictures in the baptism font, for today I saw the most beautiful smile on a young boy who was just baptized. I know the words won't be able to express the radiance that he showed, but when he came up out of the water, he looked at his mother, as if he was looking at Jesus and gave this most beautiful, sparkling eyes smile. He just radiated. Oh, to have that captured as a picture. Beautiful.! It brought tears to David and mine eyes. Afterwards the missionaries helped carry the wet baptism clothes to our apartment and I warmed up some Polenta and fed them. At 3:50 David and I walked to Luciani's place, about 30 minute walk, and picked up a music book that I let them borrow, two years ago, but was never returned. We stayed and visited with him. His wife came in later and visited for a little while. Very nice people. How we came across the book, was one day we were at Marcos house and he was there and told us he had this music book for us. So that is how we were able to get it. It was still in good condition. We walked for three hours today. Afterwards we walked to Wilson's house and visited with him and then to Rosani and her son Mateus. They have not been active for about two years. Had a nice visit. They were glad to see us. We invited them to come to church. Great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment