Dec 15, 2014

Curitiba

December 10, 2014  I have been slow in posting as I haven't figured out how to add pictures correctly.  Be patient - it will get better.)

I will pretend that this day started when we awoke in a nice hotel after being up all night.  We arrived at the hotel at 5:30 this morning – Hotel Del Rey – took a nice, hot shower and promptly
dropped into bed. 

Next thing we knew it was 9:00 a.m., and we hurried to the highlight of hotel visits here. . .the much anticipated visit to the typical hotel complimentary breakfast.  We were  not disappointed!  On our earlier Brazil visit, we fell in love with the wonderful fruits, breads, pastries, cakes, meat and cheese platters, and fruit yogurt drinks that were served.  Amazing!
While Merl rested in the hotel breakfast room, I took a quick stroll outside around the hotel and joined the busy morning bustle in Curitba.  The crisp morning air was refreshing, and the sun so inviting.  A great day has started.

(The bottom picture is of the hand pulled garbage cart - recyclables.  The little guy was too fast and I missed him - just got his cart.  Street sweepers are also man-powered.  Broom and dustpan to keep the city streets clean.)

Two taxis arrived to pick us up – one for our luggage and one for us.  The hotel had called a taxi company that did not accept the airline’s hotel vouchers, so another two taxis were ordered.  This put us a little behind schedule.  Half an hour later, we arrived at the airport to quickly get our boarding passes and find our gate.  We were joined by several fellow passengers we came to know the day before.  A quick flight to Porto Alegre brought us to the end of our final leg in the air and bus trip to Canela, our final destination.

2 comments:

  1. We are glad you made it safely to Brazil. We are reading your blog for FHE each week, so keep the posts coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Sounds like you had quite the adventure before your real adventure ;-)! I'm glad you both made it safe to your final destination! We miss and love you both! Keep up the great blogging ;-) Love, April

    ReplyDelete