Church starts at 9:00 (David goes before for early leadership meetings). Back up the hill, hugs and kisses, and off to Relief Society and Primary. I played the prelude and opening song in Relief Society and then played for Primary. It is estimated that there are about 70 baptized children who are Primary age. This Sunday there were 13 in attendance. The presidency conducts the opening, sharing time, and then teaches the class lessons (divided into two groups by age). There are not enough adults who are willing or able to teach or even attend church. The few strong, active members carry a huge load.
It is difficult (or discouraging) to sit
through three hours of meetings and not understand anything that is said. The spirit is good, but I am not getting much
out of the meetings. There was another
baptism after Sacrament meeting; I didn’t attend as I was practicing with Ann
and two other sisters who will be singing O Holy Night in English for the
Branch party.

(Gramado Church with corner Christmas tree.)
Big blue hortencia next to the sidewalk in front of a lovely manicured lawn.
Flowering trees are just starting to bloom.
Angel statue at one of the entrances to the city. Every corner has something on display for Feliz Natal.
Another lovely home along our walk.
Entrance into Mini Mundo. We will be going there.
No comments:
Post a Comment