Today was the "real" meeting in Gramado for the missionaries. We caught the bus early and road over with the four elders in Canela. I must say I did not gain a lot from the lesson today as Sister Copa and I were reviewing the talk I was preparing for Sacrament meeting on Sunday.
There was a fun, interactive game that everyone played: Everyone sat in a circle and were given three small pieces of paper. The instruction was to write (escrivar) one or two words (in English - English proficiency test for Missionaries) on one piece and pass all three papers to the right. We then were instructed to turn over the paper (the one with the words) and draw a picture (desenhar) on the back depicting the words. Next, pass all three pieces to the right with the picture showing. Look at the picture and write what it is on the front of the second piece of paper, placing the completed piece on the bottom of the pile. Pass to the right again with the words showing. Turn over the paper and draw a picture (should have two papers with words and pictures). Repeat with the last piece of paper. It was amazing how exact some of the words and pictures were at the end - and how far off others were.
| Elder Ribeiro, Elder Spadardi |
As we were going through the gate to the apartment, the Cisco Elders were coming down the hill. I like this picture. . I sometimes groan about all the walking and climbing we do during the day. These dear Elders are on their feet covering miles every day with no bikes or cars - without complaint.
After lunch and the departure of the missionaries and the dishes were done, D&A took a nap while Merl and I went back to working on our talks.
D&A took the bus to Sao Lucas to find some inactive primary children and take their pictures for our bulletin board. It was a pleasant evening, so they walked back home. In the meantime, Merl and I needed a break from our studies and went for a walk. That usually means up into town to get a cup of sorvete. We met Elders Piccini and Ribeiro as they were going home. We offered to treat them to a sorvete, but our favorite place was closed. They didn't have time to look for another place, so they took a rain check. We walked a bit doing some window shopping and found another gelato place - purchased a big cup to share and walked home. Beautiful evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment