criançes (children) and went back for another. Most of the meetings started late today, but were good. There was no keyboard in the Primary, and the CD player was not working - so I sang the new song the children were learning in my broken Portuguese. At least they could hear the melody of 'Que Cristo Me Ama Eu Sei' (I Know That My Savior Loves Me). I took pictures of four new boys that the missionaries are teaching. I showed the footprint pictures I have been making to the children, and they were all smiles.
I played for Sacrament meeting, and Larissa Milkiewicz led the music (she is 15). She also gave the closing prayer. There were two baptisms after the meeting, but they were performed while the Branch leadership was in another meeting. Pres. Marcos gave us a ride home - crazy fast!
David and Ann were just getting home from their meetings. We fixed lunch; then Ann and I were picked up by Meri and Aristeu to go to Gramado for the District Auxiliary Training meeting. Ann gave a nice presentation on the importance of music in Primary and examples of how to teach songs to the children.
After the auxiliary section meetings, Pres. Nunez held a discussion on the "Crancos de Evangelho." He showed a slide of a big ship in the water and another slide out of the water with all the shells, etc. attached to it. We decided crancos must mean something little that eats away at the gospel and causes problems. It was a very active discussion, just not sure enough of the topics to comment.
Yummy refreshments were served, and a quick ride home so Ann could go visiting teaching. It has been a full day. We retired a little earlier tonight - another busy day tomorrow with the Copas.
I played for Sacrament meeting, and Larissa Milkiewicz led the music (she is 15). She also gave the closing prayer. There were two baptisms after the meeting, but they were performed while the Branch leadership was in another meeting. Pres. Marcos gave us a ride home - crazy fast!
Yummy refreshments were served, and a quick ride home so Ann could go visiting teaching. It has been a full day. We retired a little earlier tonight - another busy day tomorrow with the Copas.
No comments:
Post a Comment