Today started as a down day. I think all of the crazy hours and rich food we have been eating the past couple of weeks is catching up with me. Breakfast for Ann and me was a warm cup of pepperming tea. A drizzling rain continued through most of the day. Both Lon and Curtis had emailed informing us that Grandpa Egbert had been taken to the hospital with an expected mild heart attack. We were able to Skype with Curtis to get an up-to-the-minute status on Grandpa which was a blessing as the news was good considering the possibilities. The end result was Grandpa getting a pacemaker to keep his heart rate at least up to 60. We were able to actually talk to and see him via Curt's phone. We could see the improvement from before the pacemaker was installed and after. His color looked good and he was eating with gusto. Again, I marvel at the technology available to us - both medical and communication.
I have tried to take a picture that would reflect how steep some of the inclines are that we walk every day - up and down. Haven't got it down yet - but here are two of the recent attempts.
Dinner tonight was a warm bowl of home-made chicken soup with Brazilian corn bread. Really hit the spot.
Later in the evening and after feeling better, Merl and I took a leisurely walk around the area surrounding the Catholic cathedral. Since we have been here, there has been a variety of musical shows performed in front of it. It has been decorated for Christmas, just like everywhere else here. Papai Noel is still sitting in his little house in the park greeting children, I think he will be there until the middle of the month. They enjoy their Christmas here. We will be attending the Nativity show on the lake later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment