March 16 Monday


I have been trying to reconstruct Monday in my mind, and not coming up with much. It must have been a good recuperation day. The plan was to go to the Tomassini Mine this morning; after checking their website, David found it is closed for remodeling until April 1. Not going there today. We have learned that nothing can be taken for granted here - check twice before you head out the door. David called Copas to let them know of the change in plans and to see if they had any ideas of what to do. The top of a tree being cut down fell on their roof this morning - they had to stay until it was repaired. So, we are staying home today!
One set of missionaries called to see if they could have lunch with us if they brought the ramen noodles - they said they usually added chopped potatoes and carrots. David invited them to come (Elder Piccini and Elder Rodriguez).

I decided that today would also be a good day to teach them to make deviled eggs. . they love the eggs Sister Copa frequently takes to the Friday missionary meetings. Merl and I walked to the grocery store to get a flat of eggs and some crusty rolls (our favorite). After arriving home, I put a dozen eggs on to boil and sautéed carrots, potatoes, onions, summer squash, red peppers, and garlic. Smelled wonderful. . .
 |
| Berries |
The missionaries arrived and I put them to work peeling eggs and preparing everything for deviled eggs while the noodles cooked. They have no reason to fix the eggs in the future. Instead of a soup (which I thought they were making), they drained the noodles, tossed in the vegetables, and served them as a pasta primavera. It was actually very good - served with a tossed salad, crusty bread, and lemon/lime juice.
 |
Quero Quero bird by the lake
(similar to our killdeer) |
 |
| Bird of Paradise |
None of us can remember anything for the rest of the day - we must have studied, napped, and had dinner. I am adding a few pictures from David's camera as the only picture I took today was a video of cutter ants we found on our way back from the grocery store. . . Merl likes cutter ants! I think David likes things that hang from trees. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment