March 2 Monday

Historically, Mondays have been our excursion days. With Copas just returning from their trip to Utah, they are continuing to catch up on things. Monday morning was spent with everyone doing paperwork, finances, restructuring talks (Merl), and me running some errands. Jointly, we p
aid R$1599.60 for rent and utilities (rent for March, utilities for January/February)
Two years ago when we were in Florinopolis, Ann purchased some lace making bobbins. We had seen ladies on the hill going to the old fort making beautiful lace, and Ann wanted to learn how, too. She found some instructions and a pattern on the internet and pulled out her bobbins and thread. She found that we need to return to Florinopolis to get some more bobbins - she used clothes pins to complete the set for now and was making progress.

I went to the copy center to obtain the work order/receipt for the music books I had copied. I also went to a computer store and purchased some DVDs to save the slide show of camp pictures and a 16GB thumb drive to save the videos of the Life of Christ from the church website (in English and Portuguese). Being alone, I took the luxury of stopping in the park and getting a chocolate churro which was delicious. I saved a couple of bites for Merl - maybe he won't discourage me from getting another one now. I found some small men's size white dress shirts at a shop on the main street that were on sale - so I purchased five of them for $R100. We will give them to Marcos to pass on to those in need in the Branch.
About the time I returned home, Copas came to spend the afternoon/evening with us for games and a night out for dinner. We visited for a while before one set of Elders came to work on some reports with David. I noticed Elder Cooper looking around in the kitchen and asked if he was hungry. He said no, but his companion (Elder Oliveira) was. So I rummaged around in the refrigerator and fixed them egg salad sandwiches with cantelope and a green salad. Seemed to do the trick. The rest of us were about ready to go to Terizinha's restaurant, "Vitoria," for dinner. So we waited.
Copas brought their game of Quirkle to play, and I brought out Spot It and Uno. Being P day, it was okay to spend some time playing games, even the Elders joined in. As the first set of Elders were getting ready leave, the other set arrived (Elders Piccini and Rodriguez). They were hungry, too. I later found out that while they were eating the same as the first set, Merl was sad to see the food being consumed by them - he bought a special bag of potato chips he was going to eat with the egg salad. Not to worry. . . as soon as the Elders left, we piled into the car and headed to "Restaurante Vitoria."
 |
| Vitoria and Terizinha with our group |
The restaurant was small but nice. We were warmly greeted by Terizinha and her daughter, Vitoria - both members of our Branch. We ordered two pizzas and some guarana. I don't think I'm exaggerating, but I think we visited for about an hour while Vitoria made the pizzas, hand chopping all the toppings, grating the cheese, etc. Everything here is home-made and worth the wait. We enjoyed the pizza and made some ice cream sundaes for dessert. As we were ready to eat our ice cream, Elders Oliveira and Cooper showed up. Not knowing what they were doing, I got an extra cup and split my sundae for the two of them. Little did I know that Robson and Luana brought them to the restaurant for dinner. We had a nice visit, had family prayer with them, and then left to go home. We were home by 10:00 p.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment