Mar 10, 2015

Non-typical Friday

March 6  Friday

I have felt a little out of sync today - every week we have been here so far we have gone to Gramado to a missionary meeting.  Because of the big Zone Conference last Wednesday, there was no District  meeting this morning.  We took the time to de-clutter our bedroom.  Papers of all kinds seem to pile up; our room is small enough that a little clutter makes a big mess.  I felt much better when things were under control again, the floor swept, and the bed made.  Then it was time to catch up on writing some blog entries. 

I gathered up all the heals and dry pieces of bread in the refrigerator and made oven-baked French casserole for brunch.  Not too bad with a little maple syrup and/or caramel sauce.

Merl spent the whole morning working on Portuguese verbs.  He seems obsessed with them. 




The other day while walking in Gramado we saw an area that had been carved out of the rock for parking.  This city stands on a firm foundation!  If their is a little piece of dirt between the rocks, something is growing in it. 
We like this block pattern in front of a store.  They just take a weed eater to the grass to keep it trimmed nice.

We all went grocery shopping for food to make almoço (lunch) after the Conference session on Sunday.  Pres. and Sis. Wright (PA North Mission President and wife) will be coming for lunch.  We started at Fruiteria to get our fresh fruits and vegetables - sent David and Merl home with the load.  Ann and I went to Brombatti to get the rest of our groceries - the guys cane back to help us carry the rest home.  We were pretty low on food in the house so it took two trips.

On the second trip home, I didn't have to ask twice when  I suggested that Merl and I stop in the park for a churro.  I got chocolate, and he got crème de leitche (caramel like).  So good when they are warm.

After putting the groceries away and a short rest, we were on the bus going to Gramado for choir practice.  Our choir director was there this time - made a huge difference!  She is not a member of the church but has led many of our Branch/District choirs.



At 9:30 we left the church with the Copas to have a late birthday dinner at Sopas da Serra (Soups of the Mountains).  It was a nice restaurant with great service and a nice ambience. 

We all loved the soups and bread; hot dish choices were limited, and the desserts were disappointing.  But we loved the soup!


Ann tried out each of the desserts to complete her birthday
dinner.    We got home very late and have a big day tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment